Quick Tips for your Maternity Session
1. Schedule your session for between weeks 31 and 36 if possible.
2. At least 2 hours before the session, remove any clothing or accessories with elastic (bra, pants, socks, ect.) These will leave marks that will show up in your photos.
3. What to wear? Fitted clothing is a good option. You don't want your clothes to swallow you whole, your clothing should show off your belly not make you look larger than you are! Don't be shy either, many women choose to show skin (especially the belly) So if you wish to do that bring some cute undies!
4. Are you doing the photos by yourself or do you want someone else in the photos with you? If someone else is joining you for your session be sure their clothing and accessories don't overpower the star of your photo shoot...YOU!
5. Consider bringing a few of your baby's things for your photos. (shoes, a family heirloom, a cute outfit)
6. Also consider a manicure or pedicure before your shoot as your hands and feet may be shown in the pictures.
7. Avoid putting lotions or oils on your belly before your session. As the light will make your belly look shiny.
8. Powder, tinted chap stick and mascara are a few things you should consider bringing to your shoot. The powder controls shine, mascara highlights your eyes and tinted chap stick brings color to your lips. Also a brush and several changes of clothes are a good idea.
9. Maternity sessions run anywhere from an hour to two hours so don't feel rushed, relax and enjoy the session. Also try not to schedule anything for immediately after your session.